Peace and Justice Studies
Peace and Justice Studies is a flexible, multidisciplinary program designed to complement any undergraduate major. Its primary objective is to encourage students to think critically about violence, its causes, consequences, and alternatives both at home and abroad.
If you have ever wondered about:
- the nature of violence
- the relationship between violence and injustice
- racism, gender bias, and inequity as manifestations of violence
- nonviolent forms of conflict resolution
- methods of resisting oppression
- the arguments for human rights and the foundations for international law
then you will find P&J to be a challenging and enlightening subject of study.